You're now ready to move forward with solar and battery, and you have the hardest question of all: 'How do I choose a solar company?'
If you want to transition to a residential grid or generate your own power, it begins with you first. Sometimes, even if some companies are known as the “Top Solar Companies” and “Best Solar Companies,” doesn’t mean that they are the right choice for your home.
- Does the price seem too good to be true?
- Is the sales guy overzealous?
- Does he or she answer your questions?
- Is everything provided in writing?
- Is this a legitimate company?
If you’ve ever asked yourself these questions, then you’re right on track to finding the best solar company for you. I’ve outlined a few pointers to help make the selection process easier.
What should I look out for?
Detailed and professional quote documentation
Your quote should be detailed and include a proposed system design, expected generation, warranty terms, and an itemized list of components/products.
Make sure you have a clear understanding of the warranty terms. Individual products will come with a product manufacturer’s warranty. In addition, a reputable solar provider will offer an additional warranty covering the “whole of system” or power production guarantee.
Peace of mind
You should never feel pressured into a purchase. This is where you trust your gut feeling. The choice to proceed with a purchase is yours, so making sure you are comfortable with the information you have been provided is essential. Have all your questions been answered? Do you understand the installation, grid-connection and metering process? Have you been informed of any after-sale support available to you?
Before you sign a contract, consider the following:
- Has the “company” provided digital/print copies of all contracts and documents
- Are they easily accessible through phone, email, and text?
- Do they have happy customers?
- How long have they been in the business?
- How credible is the company brand?
- Do they have a solar license?
- How do they train their installers?
And if you’re still unsure about the solar companies you’re talking to, give us a chance to show you the grid liberation journey at Westhaven Power. Schedule a time to speak with our energy account managers here: https://westhavenpower.as.me/.