The world is changing, and so are the ways we get our energy. Fossil fuels aren't sustainable anymore. There are a lot of reasons why it's time to start using solar power more than ever before - not just because it benefits the environment, but also because it can save you money! Our blog today will explore some of the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy, as well as how to make this big decision for your home or business.
The Advantages of Solar Energy:
- It does not produce carbon dioxide, and it's the best alternative for pollution.
- There is no need to rely on external power sources like coal or gas.
- The sun provides a limitless resource that can be harnessed by solar panels so you never have to worry about a power outage.
- There is no need for a nuclear waste disposal site, so this option is environmentally friendly.
The Disadvantages of Solar Energy:
- It's costly to install panels and other equipment. The cost will vary depending on where you live, the size of your home or business, and what type of system you choose - but in most cases it starts at about $30 per watt (in 2016). This can be expensive up front but if you factor in the potential savings over 20 years then it might be worth investing now rather than waiting until later when solar energy prices are expected to increase even more significantly. An added bonus? A tax credit that covers 26% of installation costs!
This is only a glimpse of the key benefits and disadvantages of solar energy. To learn more, we invite you to speak with our team by using the calendar here to select the most convenient time for you here: https://westhaven.as.me/schedule.php.