A few factors will determine how much you will pay for solar roof install on a 3 bedroom house. These factors include:
- How much your home's average energy use is and your average utility costs
- The potential of your rooftop in regards to how much sunlight hits on it
- The average cost for solar panel system installs in your location
- The average cost of labor in your location
- Local rebates and incentives you will receive in your location
It is expected that lower solar installation costs are going to continue trending. This trend will potentially include one million-plus homes that will have solar panels installed in the next year. The Chinese government has influenced the drop in solar costs worldwide with its low-cost financing in the sector according to Information Technology and Innovation Foundation.
How to Determine the Best System Size For a Solar Roof Install That Meets Your Home Energy Needs
If you have an average-sized home that receives an adequate amount of sunshine, you could do a solar roof install from 5 kW to 6 kW system. This number will sufficiently help reduce your electricity bills. Your sun number score for solar' is what your home receives in average sunlight exposure. This number will help you determine how many solar panels you will need. Let us break it down for you.
- Sun Number Score*
- A sun number score is a rating from 1 to 100 and shows your capability for solar roof install working in your home. The closer your score is to 100, the better your home is suited to use solar technology. There are a number of factors considered in your sun number score:
- The location for your solar roof install and whether or not your roof can support the system
- The direction your roof faces
- The slope or pitch of your roof
- How much direct sunlight hits your roof where the solar roof install will be placed
- Whether or not you have obstructions, such as tall buildings or trees that will affect the sunlight hitting the system
- Your average weather conditions
- The cost of local labor for solar roof install
- The cost of electricity in your area
Determining the Cost for Solar Roof Install
There are several factors to take into consideration when trying to determine the cost of solar roof install. These additional factors will help you find the most accurate price estimate:
- Cost of Labor- Your local labor costs for solar roof install change depending on the location where you live and the average charge of installers.
- Installation of Solar Mounts- The racks which hold your residential solar panels differ by location. You will have a few options that will change the overall costs.
- Installation of Solar Inverters- You will need to install solar inverters that transform direct power from your solar panel into alternating current for use in your home.
- Additional Costs- There are additional costs for your local inspection fees, permit fees, and taxes.
Solar roof install costs are falling, and the above are factors to consider when trying to estimate what it will cost for a solar roof install on your 3 bedroom home. As more people adopt solar power, soft costs for these systems will fall even further. With the aggressive United States’ plan to achieve 100% clean energy economy and net-zero emissions Solar roof installs will be a key driver in this trend. To get a better idea of what solar might cost for your specific home, we’d recommend connecting with our estimate guru, Ally, who’ll get you a ballpark estimate in seconds! All completely obligation-free and hassle-free! Or schedule a time to speak with us here.
Where to Look for Solar Roof Install
Westhaven Power has been in the solar energy industry for more than twenty years. We have been installing customized, energy-efficient solar and battery home systems in the Bay Area and all over Northern California. If you are looking for solar roof install, our certified, licensed professionals are ready to discuss your best options and prices any time. Text us here.
*Note: Number Score